Thursday, October 6, 2016

Owl and Raccoon Portraits

My apologies for being MIA for the past couple months. While my husband was recuperating from some health issues, this art major was educating herself on everything from atrial ablations, astigmatisms, A1c's, and the benefits of acupuncture. And this was only the "A's". Phew!

I'm glad to be stepping away from all the medical terminology and getting back into the elements of art! Here are some recent pieces from my Autumn Draw, Paint Collage class. (K-3rd)

Mixed Media Raccoons






Owl Collages





As a fun bonus, the eyes and moons were painted with glow in the dark paint

6 comments:

  1. I love everything here, and your header is also stunning. I hope things will settle down for you. I have been having health issues as well, so I can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything here, and your header is also stunning. I hope things will settle down for you. I have been having health issues as well, so I can understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! Wishing you good health as well!

      Delete
  3. Love your Raccoons! What are the steps for drawing the face/shapes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I did a modified version of this lesson here:
      https://drawinglessonsfortheyoungartist.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-draw-raccoon-face-lesson-and.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!