Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mother's Day Teacups









For Mother's Day I wanted to do a teacup themed collage with my Draw, Paint Collage classes. I started browsing on Pinterest and found myself pinning a number of wonderful teacup themed artworks. I may just need to start a whole board dedicated to the subject. Who knew?

We started our layered works by creating a textured background with crinkled tissue paper and Mod Podge. Once dry, chalk pastel was used to add another layer of color. The children chose a piece of scrapbook paper for their table top. I found a very helpful tutorial to create the stacked teacups here at Color It Like You Mean It. For a bit of extra whimsy they topped their towering teacup stack with a bird. (Because I subscribe to Portlandia's "Put a bird on it." mantra) And last, they added some special notes to mom with scrapbook paper tags tied to their handles with twine. I had to get in on the fun and made one for my mom too.




3 comments:

I appreciate your comments and feedback!