Monday, December 14, 2015

Birds on Snowmen

 3rd grade


 3rd grade


 2nd grade


 kindergarten

This was a fun little one day project for the holiday season. I had the kids create their backgrounds first with watercolors on 11x15 paper. These were put up to dry and we created our birds and cropped snowmen faces on blue construction paper, cut to the same size as their backgrounds. I offered colored pencils, chalk and charcoal to add color and shading. These were cut out and glued to their dry watercolor skies. A final snowfall was created using the backs of their paint brushes or splattering with white tempera. I think these winter projects are especially fun for my groups since our climate is so mild.


my experiment

1 comment:

  1. So funny I love it!

    http://lacajitadeaeris.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!