Sunday, February 1, 2015

Beyond Direct Line Draw Lessons










While the majority of my art lessons tend to be animal subjects using a basis of direct line drawing lessons, I do Love veering into more personal observation and abstract based lessons. Maybe because my personal art is so reality based, I tend to be drawn into the opposite direction. I think abstract lessons level the playing field so to speak, for those children who feel their drawing skills aren't what they'd hope, but have So much to say and a desire to create. 

The above collage student work (observational and abstract - with links to the original post) are some art lessons I've done without the aid of Miss Mary's white board and marker. I will continue to do direct line drawing lessons and make no apologies for it. But I hope to incorporate more observational and student driven thought into my art lessons. (Thank you Phyl! You are such a Great mentor to me.) 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful explosion of color!! LOVE them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I love them all! But the first one, wow! Each part of it is fabulous! Totally my taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work from your students, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christie, Phyl and Pat!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!