Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Summers' Big Finish

 Feeling the effects of Hurricane Marie


 My Mom happened to be visiting today and she was
 totally game for climbing the berm to see the waves with me.




The calm before the storm - taken just hours before it hit.

Lifeguard tower 8 is down


 My daughter, Savannah and I shared some wonderful sunset strolls this summer in clearly calmer conditions.


Today was not only the first day of school for our local public schools, it was also the day to witness the effects of Hurricane Marie. This is fairly uncommon in these parts, and more of an east coast norm. So, it brought out the lookie-lous (me included), the media, and the crazy/brave surfers. I'm hoping for a swift end to these extreme conditions. Mother Nature has let it be known she is large and in charge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!