Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Will Never Forget

Over a year ago I did a project based on Eric Carle inspired cityscapes. I encouraged the children to fill their page with buildings and sky scrapers. A 1st grade boy created this piece and was very content with his two buildings. It really struck me at the time as the Twin Towers with a fiery sky. Of course this is my history and I'm sure he knew nothing about that horrible day.

Today I have watched some of the memorials and stories of the heroes of 9/11 and heard over 3000 motorcycles ride down Pacific Coast Highway in a tribute parade. And I'm sure like many of you I am immediately transported back to that day, recounting exactly what I was doing as I watched in horror as the events unfolded. And today I found myself explaining this day in history to my daughter who was still growing inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!