Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Warm and Cool Lines





















I got the idea for this simple but beautiful art project from a wonderful art teacher on Flickr: Wimomz.

Since we are focusing on the major elements of art this session (line, shape, space, value, color, texture and form) I thought this was an effective lesson to emphasize a few of them.





Using oil pastel on black paper or board create a few types of lines for the ocean using cool colors. I am going to challenge the children to use as many as they can think of: squiggly, swirling, flowing, dotted ect. Some can be thin and others colored in to create thick lines. Using warm colors, do the same for the sun and sky. Next using metallic tempera paint add more varieties of lines in the cool ocean and warm sky.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! The colors really stand out on the black paper! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!